Valentine's Day Makeup Idea | Subtle Smokey Eyes


Hi everyone!!! I hope you all are doing great :) So it's that time of the year. Yes, THAT time of the year. Valentine's Day. I don't hate Valentine's day. I like the whole chocolate thing going on, you know. Anyway, since the Valentine's Day is coming up really soon, I'm going to show you my Valentine's Day makeup. Whether you spend the day with your love, or your friends, this look is great to rock the Valentine's Day :) <3 and I hope you like it.

So this is the makeup look. I went for a subtle smokey eyes using sketch from MAC as an accent color.



Products I used.


First, I made a perfect canvas before I went for my eye makeup and all that jazz. I just used my favorite foundation from Bourjois, put some NARS creamy concealer and put my Rimmel Stay Matte powder all over. (Dear my friends in Japan, you can get Bourjois foundation and I highly recommend this!) 

Once you're done with your face makeup, next thing I recommend to do is your eyebrows. Since I don't have naturally gorgeous eyebrows, I make them look gorge ;)  It really defines your face. 

Prime your eyelids with your favorite primer. Then, apply the base eyeshadow. I used Rubenesque from MAC to bring out the peachy bronze eyeshadow that I'm going to use in a second. 

Once you put your eyeshadow base, choose any eyeshadow that you have that is peachy bronzy golden color. I actually used one of my bronzy highlighter that I own as an alternative for the eyeshadow. If you mix all that glitters & woodwinked from MAC, they look JUST like the one that I used, too!! So put it all over your eyelids.

Then, put some darker color. I put sketch on my crease area/outer corner of my eyes. Add more sketch until you get that nice smokey effect and blend with a clean blending brush. Also, I actually added a dark brown color along my lash line to add more smokey effect and I really really like the subtle color transition of sketch and coffee ground (from my Laura Mercier palette). You can use any rich dark brown eyeshadow that you have!

Once you get the smokiness that you like, add sketch to your lower lash line. If you don't want to, just leave it the way you like :) I just didn't want the top heavy smokey eyes. Then add the peachy bronzy eyeshadow on the inner half of your lower lash line and let the two eyeshadow meet in the middle. 
Then just use the liquid eyeliner and do a nice little flick at the end for the cat eye effect. Also, use any gold eye pencil and line your lower inner rims, but only line your inner half or less just for the extra sparkles for the Valentine's Day <3 

Lastly for eyes, highlight your brow bones with some shimmery highlighter. I used my favorite Mary Lou Manizer highlighter. I just love this.

Put your mascara. 

Then, don't forget to use a bit of concealer underneath your eyes to cover up the eyeshadow fallouts!! 
Bronze/contour your face, add blusher, put some highlighter on your cheekbones,,,,,,

You're almost done! AND, last but not least, I used the pink lipgloss to make things a bit more lovely. No lipstick for this look. Just to save some time for my date you know<3 This is my new favorite lipgloss from Tanya Burr lips and nails line in the color Picnic in the park and I freaking love it. Let me know if you'd like to see the full review of them! (I'm going to do it anyway though… lol)

Voila!! :) How simple and quick! I'm obsessed with this makeup look at the moment. 










Oh god so many faces.



I hope you enjoyed this lovely makeup idea <3 Please let me know what you think of this look in the comment!

And if you read that tutorial-ish long stuff above, you're great. And if you're interested, follow me on Instagram: mayumi1992.


Thank you again for visiting my blog, and I'll see you next time.

I hope you have a lovely Valentine's Day <3  *cough*cough***All the single ladies ;)!


Much love,
Mayumi