Wearable Dusty Smokey Eyes | Using Smashbox, NARS, MAC, TanyaBurr lip glosses etc.

Hi everyone! I hope you all are doing great :) So a couple of weeks a go, I posted my face of the day on my Instagram and one of my lovely followers @fervargasv left a nice comment, saying that she would love to see the tutorial for the makeup that I was wearing. I'd never had a request from someone and I was so excited, also I was obsessed with the makeup that I was wearing at that time so I decided to share it with you guys!

Before I start, I'd like to mention that this is not really a tutorial it's more like an makeup idea and some tips so I'll go through how I create this makeup look :)

Also, the makeup kind of look different from what I have on my Instagram and it's because of the lighting and filters that I used for Instagram and I apologize for that in advance.

So here it is, my Wearable Dusty Smokey Eyes idea <3
Enjoy!




1. So first thing I always do is to make a nice canvas. Here, I use my Jouer Matte moisture tint and set it with my Rimmel Stay Matte powder along with some NARS concealers to cover up some spots and stuff. Just use your favorite products that work well on you.

2. Eyebrows time. I usually use my Anastasia brow powder but since there is a dark brown color in the Smashbox palette, I just use it. I prefer thick eyebrows for this look. Then just set it with the clear eyebrow gel. 

3. Prime your eyes with the Maybelline color tattoo in Bad to the bronze. This makeup is all about making it dusty and smokey so this is the perfect one as a base. 

4. Then use a soft shimmery pink that has gold in it and apply it on to your inner half of your eyes. Here I'm using the one from NARS Kuala Lumpur. The great alternatives are MAC all that glitters, or the pink color from Estée Lauder Raisins duo. But you can use anything dusty pink shimmery eyeshadow that has gold in it. 

5. Time to smoke it out. Use a taupy purply darker shade to create a dusty smokey effect. Apply it on to the outer half of your eyes. Here, I'm using Juniper from my Smashbox Ⅱ palette. An alternative for this could be a mixture of two eyeshadows from MAC, Satin Taupe & Sable. 

6. Next, add some more darker color to define it more. Use Shale from MAC and put it on to the VERY outer corner of your eyes / crease. Unfortunately, I don't have crease on my eyes so I just put it on to the very very outer corner of my eyes using a crease brush. 

7. Now take the purple color that's in NARS Kuala Lumpur duo and apply it on to the outer corner of your eyes. Here, we just want a slight purple to enhance the "taupe" smokey effect, so you don't need a lot of it. Just apply a tiny bits and you're good to go.

8. Blend, blend, and blend. You don't want anything harsh here. Use a clean brush and blend out those harsh line.

9. Once you blend nicely and got that nice smokiness, apply highlighter. I use not one but two highlighters for this look. First, take Mary Lou Manizer highlighter and apply it on to your eyebrow bones. Then, take Albatross highlighter from NARS and apply it on to your very higher part of your eyebrow bones, inner corner or your eyes, and tiny tiny bits on to the inner half of your eyes. I love Albatross because it has glowy yellow golden shimmer and it makes this makeup look more dusty, shimmery and enhance the smokiness. 

10. Use a rich dark brown color and apply it to your outer half or your lash line and blend it. It creates a really beautiful transition of the taupe color and the rich brown color. I don't think it shows up well on photos but it's actually so pretty when you do that on your eyes! and also, it makes your eyes bigger without making it harsh. 

11. Use any black liquid or gel eyeliner and create a slight flick at the end. You can go for cat eyes if you prefer, or you can line it much thicker if it looks good on you.

12. Use a bronzy brown eyeliner and apply it on to your lower lash line. I'm using the NARS eyeliner in Via Appia which never smudges! Also, apply a tiny bit of the Juniper on to your lower lash line, and some Albatross on to your inner lower lash line to make your eye pop <3

13. Apply a generous coats of mascara. Just use your favorite ones ;)

14. Bronze up your face.

15. For blush, I love using Orgasm from NARS just because it's perfect for this eye makeup. It's peachy and it has gold in it which makes everything put together for this look. 

16. Go back to Mary Lou Manizer and highlight your cheek bones. Sorry it doesn't show up on camera, but you can check out my Instagram where I succeeded to capture Mary Lou! :)

17. Last but not least, lips. I have on one of my favorite lip gloss from Ms.Tanya Burr's makeup line. It's called Exotic Island. I'd go for something deeper pink on lips to balance it out with the eye makeup. If you're not a lip gloss person, I'd recommend Revlon Lip Butters in Raspberry Pie or Red Velvet. If you're going out at night or something, go for Revlon Lip Butters. I don't know what it is, but for me, lip glosses are for day time. But of course, do wear what you feel the most comfortable :)

Products I used, except face makeup.

So that is everything! Was it helpful? I really hope you enjoyed it <3 Again, I have to apologize that the lighting was not the best, but I hope you liked it. Please leave me a comment if you liked this look or not ;) 
Here's me trying to wink. I always fail to wink as you can tell :P 


Thank you much for visiting my blog and I'll see you next time! 
Please follow me on Instagram: mayumi1992 , and if you're on Instagram, please let me know!


Always remember, to spice up your own beauty.
Much love,
Mayumi


Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,