Top 5 MAC Lipsticks


Hello, beautiful people :) I'm sad that my Nordic blog series came to an end but I still have something!

 Today, I am going to share my Top 5 MAC lipsticks. I am not a huge MAC lipstick fan mainly because my lips are sensitive and I think I am allergic to some MAC lipsticks. These five are at least the ones that I don't have any allergy. I think my lips don't really appreciate the shimmer in the lipsticks. My first ever MAC lipstick was Politely Pink which has shimmer in it and I cannot wear that one. Anyway, I hope you'll find it helpful!

Also, it is not in particular order but I just picked my five favorite ones.


From the left, Diva is a very vampy red. It looks quite dark on the lips. It is (very) matte finish. Matte is my favorite finish when it comes to red lipsticks. I feel like matte really achieve that bold look and most importantly, it doesn't smudge everywhere. Having lipsticks on the teeth is one of the most annoying things. It's awkward for me, and awkward for others. This Diva stays in place once you apply it, so even though I may need to touch up throughout a day, it pretty much stays all day long. I ate and had drinks with this lipstick on and I didn't have the major smudging everywhere type of problem with it. I highly recommend this one if you want to rock the classic vampy red. 

Rebel is a new one that I got recently. This is such a lovely color for fall and winter. It is a purply, and slightly vampy red. Hmmm, I don't want to categorize this lipstick in my red lipsticks because it is more like purple or berry. This lipstick is very multi use. One coat will give you a very subtle pretty berry color. Two coats or more give a stronger yet pretty and edgy finish. My tip is to apply a thin layer over and over. Do not apply any darker lipsticks full on at one time. It's always good to build it slowly so that it sits nicely on lips. I absolutely love this color and wear it a lot during fall and winter. 

Morange is something that I would never usually go for. It is a bright eye-catching orange. It's almost like a neon color. I wear it a lot during the summer time. I think I mentioned it before in one of my blog posts but Morange is very similar to Topshop lipstick in Infared. The formula is also similar as well. It can be a "too much" type of color but I think it's very unique and cool which is different from traditional red lipsticks or nudes. If you want to be different, go for it. 

Plumful is also a new MAC lipstick that I recently got. This is a very pretty plummy berry color. I would wear it all year around. I love the formula of this lipstick. I think it is a perfect color for autumn. I wear red lipsticks A LOT during fall and winter but when I want something different, I would go for this one. It pretty much goes with any kind of makeup look which is very nice. If you have lighter, snow-white-type of skin tone, I think this would look so good on you :)

And last but not least, Syrup. This is my favorite neutral lipstick from MAC as you can probably tell from the photo. I used a lot of it. It is a subtle plummy brown pink color that would suit a lot of skin tone. I wear it all year around but I like to wear it especially in the fall time. This is a easy lipstick. You don't really need a mirror to apply it or to fix it. It's very smooth and easy to apply. This is one of those lipsticks that stays in my makeup bag all time "just in case." I highly highly recommend Syrup to anyone out there who is looking for a perfect neutral lipstick.



So those are my Top 5 MAC lipsticks and I really hope you enjoyed it. And I hope you find it helpful to add to your next MAC lipsticks wishlist. Maybe TMI but my next MAC lipstick that is on my wish list is Fashion Revival. I saw Camila Coelho wearing this and she did a blog post about it and I fell in love with the color. I cannot wait to get my hands on this. 

Also, if you have your favorite MAC lipsticks, please let me know in the comment because I'd love to know! 

Thank you so much for reading, and I'll see you in my next blog post tomorrow.


Much love,
Mayumi