How To Make Pumpkin Pie Spice

Hello, beautiful people! Today, I am going to share how I make my own pumpkin pie spice. 

Before I start, I'd like to share why I am sharing this "how to" with you. You can totally skip this part if you want ;) When I was in America, I tried really good pumpkin bread for the first time and I loved it so much. I also had pumpkin spice latte at Starbucks. So then I got back to Japan and tried to find pumpkin pie spice, right? ….. Turned out to be, we don't have/do pumpkin pie spice in Japan.  

I went so many stores possible in my area to find it but I couldn't. Then pumpkin bread season (what I like to call autumn…) came and I had to get PPS (Pumpkin Pie Spice DUH).

So I went to search for inter web to help me out. I'm not gonna lie, I first didn't know what exactly pumpkin pie spice was. I thought it contains pumpkin powder or something but NO. For people who are not familiar with PPS, it is a specially blended spice that you use for pumpkin bread, pumpkin pie, latte or thanks giving food, for example. It consist of 5-6 spics. I think it's much more easier to find PPS in the States than in other countries. In Japan, we do not have "pumpkin bread" culture/thanksgiving culture so to say, so people really do not use PPS, but I wanted to. 
Long story short, I decided to make my own PPS. So I'm gonna stop rambling and let's get started. I hope you find it helpful and enjoy having your own PPS.


~How To Make Pumpkin Pie Spice~
It is so super easy to make and you can use for various cooking/baking. 

You will need, 







You want to major each spice first so you will be able to see how much you want to put. I personally love cinnamon, ginger, and all spice to be a little bit stronger than other spices so I just added extra. The great thing about making your own PPS is that you can customize your PPS. If you like ginger, go ahead and add more. If you don't like cinnamon, you can add less. 



Once you major each spices, you can just put them into a bowl and mix it with a fork. I prefer a fork over a spoon because I found it easier to mix spices evenly since a fork has more legs (if you know what I mean!).


Once everything is mixed nice and even, you need a piece of cooking sheet. Fold the paper as you see in the picture below and carefully put the spice into the container. 

Do not try to transfer all the spice at a time. You don't want to splash the spice everywhere so do it nice and slowly. 


When you finish transferring the spice, close the lid tight and shake the jar a couple of times just to make sure everything is perfectly mixed. 



Lastly, I just put some ribbon to spice it up and make it look more pretty and festive. 
And voila! Now you can enjoy making pumping bread, pumpkin pie, and pumpkin spice latte on your own if you don't have PPS available at your stores. 


I hope you enjoyed reading and found it helpful ;) 


Thank you so much for visiting my blog, and I'll see you next time.
Much love,
Mayumi